Episode 60 – A Discussion on HIV/AIDS
- Hyperion interviews Dr. Matthew, a clinical psychologist, to discuss the impact that HIV/AIDS has had on our spirituality and sexuality as Men-Who-Love-Men.
- HIV/AIDS brings out all of our unresolved issues as individuals and as a community.
- Death-accepting spiritual paths tend to draw HIV positive men, and can assist us in overcoming our fears around mortality.
- HIV/AIDS is no longer a death sentence, yet we still associate them with death.
- The evolution of safer sex practices affected our ability to connect, trust one another and be intimate in relationships.
This is not a medical discussion about the transmission risks of HIV nor is it a discussion about safer sex practices and HIV prevention, see your doctor or local gay and lesbian center for assistance in finding information on those topics.
Apple/iTunes Link: Episode 60 – A Discussion on HIV/AIDS